What you will learn
In Volume 3 of Quick Start to Modeling in Maya, we'll build on the modeling concepts covered in volumes 1 and 2.
We'll start by blocking in the main shapes of our stun gun asset, making sure to place edges strategically for later use. We'll use extrusions and edge loops to create hard surface detail and NURBS curves to aid in building specific elements.
We'll use a variety of polygon and NURBS-based tools and we'll learn to make sure everything fits together to create a cohesive model. We'll finish the process by cleaning up our scene and putting our geometry into an appropriate hierarchy.
These courses are designed to be taken in sequence so we really encourage you to start with previous volumes before continuing with this section. We also encourage you to take advantage of the assignments that follow each volume.
These assignments will allow you to take what you've learned and apply those tools and techniques to your own projects.
1. Introduction and project overview 01:15
2. Building the main barrel 07:27
3. Modeling the cylindrical base 07:17
4. Extruding out the barrel extension 06:21
5. Adding to the top of the barrel 05:52
6. Modeling a channel into the base 07:29
7. Adding a small wire detail 07:44
8. Building cables with NURBS curves 08:41
9. Extracting geometry from the barrel 06:18
10. Modeling integrated details onto the barrel 07:21
11. Adding interior barrel pieces 09:04
12. Adding vent slats to the base 06:55
13. Modeling the stun gun handle 06:59
14. Adding the handle grip 05:32
15. Modeling the trigger 06:24
16. Scene clean-up and assignment 07:42